A general term for four different subtypes, racks allow for both products and shelves to be placed within them.
Racks can be added to your planogram in one of three ways.
- Right click the canvas and select Rack from the Add submenu
- Click the Rack option from the Insert menu
- Drag a rack from the Fixtures Catalog out onto the canvas
When you create a new rack, the following menu appears with options to customize its behavior and appearance. You
access this menu again by double-clicking
the rack, or by right clicking and choosing the Properties option.
- Name: Rack name. This is how a product's FixtureName will be reported.
Type: Rack type, which effects both rack appearance and behavior.
- Pegboard: Ideal for peggable items on hooks. Supports shelving.
- Slatwall: Ideal for hanging items, such as clothing, although hooks can be used with slatwalls as
well. Supports shelving.
- Wirerack: Also ideal for hanging items within a grid. Supports shelving.
- Shelving Only: A rack that only supports shelving, no pegged items allowed. Any items dragged over
this rack will snap to the nearest shelf.
Dimensions: Rack dimensions. These are in inches or centimeters by default. However, you may type things
4' or 10m, and GoPlanogram will calculate the correct number of inches / cm.
Note width should probably be a multiple of Standards Spacing (see #5 below), to have an whole number of
Grid Parameters: How the rack grid is formatted. This is only relevant for Pegboard,
Wirerack, and Slatwall racks. For Slatwall racks, only
Cell Height is relevant.
Cell width / height determines how far apart pegholes / slats / wires are. The grid origin numbers determine how
far from the top left of the rack the grid starts. These numbers are all in
inches / cm.
- Standards: Toggle this checkbox to show or hide rack standards. The Spacing input determines bay
width (in inches/cm). Default bay width is 4'.
Background: Determines rack background. This may be a color, or an image, which will repeat to fill the
entire rack dimensions.
Selectable and Movable: Determines if the rack may be moved / selected. Useful when you want to lock your
fixture down as you arrange products on it.
Tier Shelves: Pro Only. If checked, automatically "tiers" shelves from top to bottom, such that the first shelf is its provided
Depth value, and subsequent shelves are as deep as the sum of all previous shelf depths + its given Depth. This is especially useful for
stationery / gift card displays, where shelved product may be vertically overlapping.
Here's what the inputs in the menu above generate, with a few products placed on the pegboard. Note how a
single four foot bay was generated, as the Standards Spacing was
specified as 48", and the entire width of the rack is also 48". If, for example, the width of the rack was
specified as 8', two 4' bays would have been generated instead.